What’s new for 2021:
- Bonus maximum doubled to $200,000
- Persistency bonus payouts doubled
- More opportunities to build your bonus:
- Group retiree dental
- Individual and family plan policy sales1
- DeltaVision® (available by Q3)
We’ve made it easier to build your 2021 bonus by adding more ways to reach the top new sales and persistency bonus levels. Here’s what you need to know.
sales from the table below with effective dates of January 1, 2021 or later are eligible. Case count, premium dollar, and persistency bonus eligibility are shown below:
Calculating the new sales bonus
||Counts towards persistency bonus?
|Fully insured group commercial and public sector dental3
|Group retiree dental3
|Individual and family dental plans submitted via a unique broker URL1,3
||10 individual policies = 1 case
|DeltaVision group plans
||Premium dollars only
- The number of new cases4 sold within the calendar year (January 1 - December 31, 2021); or
- The total amount of new premium5 in the calendar year (January 1 - December 31, 2021)
Calculating the persistency bonus
|New sales bonus Level
||New sales bonus
|Level 1 bonus
||$1,000,000 - $1,499,999
|Level 2 bonus
||$1,500,000 - $1,999,999
|Level 3 bonus
||$2,000,000 or more
The persistency bonus is for retaining existing eligible group business (while individual and family policies are counted in determining new sales bonus levels, they are not included when determining persistency tiers).
Persistency is defined as:
- Groups that were active on December 31, 2020 and remained active on December 31, 2021; and
- Premium was maintained from December 31, 2020 through December 31, 2021. (Persistency is calculated based on the amount of earned premium at the start of the year, plus any incoming broker of record transfers and minus any outgoing broker of record transfers made during the year.)
General Agents have two ways to qualify for the persistency bonus. Either:
- Reach new sales bonus level 1, 2, or 3; or
- Retain at least $10,000,000 of annual earned premium (to qualify for persistency bonus level 1)
|Persistency bonus level
||Persistency 92% - 93.9%
||Persistency 94% - 95.9%
|Level 1 bonus
|Level 2 bonus
|Level 3 bonus
A General Agent begins the year with $1,950,000 in annual group dental premium on the books (and retains $1,875,000 of that at year end). Over the course of the year, they sell the following:
- Thirty-seven new fully insured commercial and public sector cases with a combined premium of $1,480,000
- A retiree dental plan with $15,000 in premium
- Thirty-six individual plans with $40,000 in combined premium
- DeltaVision plans with $45,000 in combined premium
Their individual plan sales yields three cases (10 individual plan sales = one case), giving them 40 total eligible cases and $1,580,000 in total new premium. The individual plan sales push them into the level 3 new sales bonus of 2%, earning them a $31,600 new sales bonus.
Combining their level 3 new sales bonus with their 96.1% retention of the prior year’s annual premium, they qualify for the level 3 persistency bonus of 2%, earning them an additional $37,500, bringing their total 2021 bonus to $69,100.
Thank you for your partnership with Delta Dental.
- General Agent bonuses will be calculated after the close of the calendar year, which ends December 31, 2021.
- General Agent bonus payouts will be based on combined new sales and persistency across both New Jersey and Connecticut.
- The total General Agent bonus payout (for new sales and persistency combined) is up to $200,000 per calendar year.
- This program is for General Agents only. Agencies that operate as both a GA and broker are eligible only for this General Agent bonus program.
- Delta Dental may terminate this program at any time. Our determination of coverage and bonus level is final.
- Bonus payments are limited to a maximum of $100,000 per benefit plan.
For more information about our plans and this program, contact your Delta Dental Sales Executive, or our sales department: firstname.lastname@example.org
1General Agents are credited individual plan sales based on their unique URL, and not from sales made via a sub-producer’s unique URL.
2The group or individual must not already offer a Delta Dental or DeltaVision plan in New Jersey or Connecticut. Broker of record transfers during the period of the broker bonus program will not be included for new sales bonus calculation purposes.
3Dental cases must be Delta Dental PPO™ or Delta Dental PPO Plus Premier™ type plans in New Jersey or Connecticut to be eligible.
4New fully insured group commercial and public sector dental, group retiree, and individual and family dental cases (10 individual and family plan policies equal one case) count toward the new sales bonus.
5New fully insured group commercial and public sector dental, group retiree dental, individual and family dental, and DeltaVision premium dollars count toward the new sales bonus.