What’s new for 2021:
- Bonus maximum doubled to $200,000
- Persistency bonus payouts doubled
- More opportunities to build your bonus:
- Group retiree dental
- Individual and family plan policy sales1
We’ve made it easier to build your 2021 bonus by adding more ways to reach the top new sales and persistency bonus levels. Here’s what you need to know.
All new2 sales from the table below with effective dates of January 1, 2021 or later are eligible. Case count, premium dollar, and persistency bonus eligibility are shown below:
Calculating the persistency bonus
Calculating the new sales bonus
||Counts towards persistency bonus?
|Fully insured group commercial and public sector dental3
|Group retiree dental3
|Individual and family dental plans submitted via a unique broker URL1,3
||10 individual policies = 1 case
- The number of new cases4 sold within the calendar year (January 1 - December 31, 2021); or
- The total amount of new premium5 in the calendar year (January 1 - December 31, 2021)
|New sales bonus level
||New sales bonus
|Level 1 bonus
||$150,000 - $499,999
|Level 2 bonus
||$500,000 - $999,999
|Level 3 bonus
||$1,000,000 or more
The persistency bonus is for retaining existing eligible group business (while individual and family policies are counted in determining new sales bonus levels, they are not included when determining persistency tiers).
Persistency is defined as:
- Groups that were active on December 31, 2020 and remained active on December 31, 2021; and
- Premium was maintained from December 31, 2020 through December 31, 2021. (Persistency is calculated based on the amount of earned premium at the start of the year, plus any incoming Broker of record transfers and minus any outgoing broker of record transfers made during the year.)
Brokers have two ways to qualify for the persistency bonus. Either:
- Reach new sales bonus Level 1, 2, or 3; or
- Retain at least $10,000,000 of annual earned premium (to qualify for persistency bonus level 1)
|Persistency bonus level
||Persistency 92% - 93.9%
||Persistency 94% - 95.9%
|Level 1 bonus
|Level 2 bonus
|Level 3 bonus
A broker begins the year with $950,000 in annual group dental premium on the books (and retains $895,000 of that at year end). Over the course of the year, they sell the following:
- Twelve new fully insured commercial and public sector cases with a combined premium of $400,000
- A retiree dental plan with $15,000 in premium
- Twenty-four individual plans with $23,000 in combined premium
- DeltaVision plans with $15,000 in combined premium
Their individual plan sales yields two cases (10 individual plan sales = one case), giving them 15 total eligible cases and $453,000 in total new premium. The individual plan sales push them into the level 2 new sales bonus of 3%, earning them a $13,590 new sales bonus.
Combining their level 2 new sales bonus with their 94.2% retention of the prior year’s annual premium, they qualify for the level 2 persistency bonus of .9%, earning them an additional $8,055, bringing their total 2021 broker bonus to $21,645.
Thank you for your partnership with Delta Dental.
- This program is for brokers only (not General Agents).
- Bonuses will be calculated after the close of the calendar year, which ends December 31, 2021.
- Premium can be aggregated between states, and/or between associated broker agencies wholly owned by a single entity. Aggregate preferences for an entity are binding once confirmed.
- Brokers must be in good standing and the broker of record on December 31, 2021 to receive the bonuses.
- Delta Dental may terminate this program at any time. Our determination of coverage and bonus level is final.
- If a group has a commission split, premium will be applied to bonus calculations using the split percentage between paid brokers.
- If a group has a paid and a non-paid broker of record, the paid broker will have 100% of premium applied to bonus calculations, and the non-paid broker/consultant will have 0% premium applied.
- If a group has a non-paid broker/consultant only, the non-paid consultant will have 100% of premium applied to bonus calculations.
- Bonus payments are limited to a maximum of $100,000 per benefit plan.
For more information about our plans and this program, contact your Delta Dental Sales Executive, or our Sales Department: email@example.com
1Brokers appointed to sell our individual and family dental plans are assigned a unique broker URL. Learn more about getting appointed to sell Delta Dental individual plans. Once appointed, you’ll receive your URL to market these plans.
2The group or individual must not already offer a Delta Dental or Delta Vision plan in New Jersey or Connecticut. Broker of Record transfers during the period of the Broker Bonus program will not be included for new sales bonus calculation purposes.
3Dental cases must be Delta Dental PPO™ or Delta Dental PPO Plus Premier™ type plans in New Jersey or Connecticut to be eligible.
4New fully insured group commercial and public sector dental, group retiree, and individual and family dental cases (10 individual and family plan policies equal one case) count toward the New Sales Bonus.
5New fully insured group commercial and public sector dental, group retiree dental, individual and family dental, and DeltaVision premium dollars count toward the New Sales Bonus.