About Our Dental Plans
Delta Dental of New Jersey offers many dental benefit programs to meet the different needs of employers, families, and individuals. Whichever program you choose for your group or family, you can be assured that Delta Dental is committed to providing excellent benefits, service, and value. Our programs provide both benefits and resources needed to live healthier lives - from our extensive dental networks to our comprehensive programs and services. We understand what our clients and members are looking for.
Our Goal is to Exceed Your Expectations
Our products include:
Delta Dental Premier®
Our original fee-for-service plan
- More dentists participate in the national Delta Dental Premier network than any other dental network in the nation
Delta Dental PPO℠
- Employers can increase the value of their benefits while decreasing plan costs
The national Delta Dental PPO network is one of the nation’s largest PPO networks
Delta Dental PPO plus Premier
- Members gain access to both Delta Dental PPO and Delta Dental Premier dentists
Its “safety net” feature combines the traditional Delta Dental Premier network with the Delta Dental PPO network, giving members maximum access to participating dentists and maximum savings
Advantage Program (available only in New Jersey)
- Features a large subset of our Delta Dental Premier network and includes a larger portion of participating dentists in New Jersey than our
PPO network (6,100 New Jersey dentists/dental offices)
- Offers members better access to a broader network of dentists while lowering costs for employers
- The national dental HMO-type program
A cost-efficient program that enables employers to provide comprehensive benefits when members visit participating DeltaCare dentists
Flagship (available only in New Jersey)
- Our dental HMO-type program developed specifically for New Jersey groups
- Our most cost-efficient program enables employers to provide comprehensive benefits when members visit participating Flagship dentists in New Jersey
Individual Plans (available only in New Jersey)
- We offer several program options for individuals and families, including plans that offer out-of-network coverage
- Our non-insurance option is Delta Dental Patient Direct®, a membership program where members pay no more than set Delta Dental Patient Direct fees when visiting Delta Dental Patient Direct participating dentists
This wording contains a general description of Delta Dental’s dental benefits programs for your convenient reference. All programs contain general and specific exclusions and limitations. Benefits under all programs are governed by the provisions of Delta Dental’s contracts. For a glossary of terms, please click here.
Back to top
- Our 2012 Community Benefit Annual Report is now available.
- Find out if you are at risk for oral health disease before it becomes a problem. Visit
- The 23rd Annual DDNJ Golf Classic is June 12 at Crystal Springs Golf Resort Click here for more details.
- View our 2012 community outreach activities in this heartwarming video.
- Oral health tip: Those who drink three or more carbonated beverages a day have 62% more dental decay, fillings and tooth loss than those who avoid it. Save yourself the toothache, and sip on something else.