Delta Dental of New Jersey Fact Sheet
- Is New Jersey’s largest dental coverage provider.
- Provides or administers dental coverage to more than 1.6 million people in New Jersey and Connecticut.
- Has led the industry in offering innovative programs designed to control costs, while ensuring quality of benefits since 1969.
- Has a subsidiary, Flagship Dental Plans, which administers DeltaCare®, similar to a dental health maintenance organization.
- Is based in Parsippany, New Jersey, and employs approximately 300 people.
- Has licensed dentist on staff.
- Offers a full line of managed care, approved fee for service, PPO, and HMO-type programs, as well as a dental access program, and individual dental plans.
- Is a member of the national Delta Dental Plans Association.
Delta Dental of Connecticut, Inc. is a newly licensed insurer that writes dental coverage on an insured basis, and Delta Dental of New Jersey administers self-funded dental benefit programs.
Delta Dental of New Jersey:
- Is directed by a Board of Trustees comprised
of 50 percent licensed dentists and 50 percent
- Is a not-for-profit service corporation, subject
to regulation by the New Jersey Department of Banking
and Insurance under the Dental Service Corporation
- Is proud to have distinguished leaders:
- Chairman: Ronald Deblinger, D.M.D.
- President and Chief Executive Officer: Dennis G. Wilson