Delta Dental of New Jersey is a progressive
dental benefits company conveniently located
in suburban Northern New Jersey. If you have accumulated
experience, and are seeking a career change or re-entering
the workforce, you can rely on Delta Dental of New
challenging career opportunities.
Please note: Relocation benefits
are not available.
Current Job Openings
Vice President, Information Services
The Vice President of Information Service’s role is to provide vision and leadership for developing and implementing information technology initiatives. This individual is responsible for all aspects of the organization’s information technology and systems. This individual directs the planning and implementation of enterprise IT systems to align the technology vision with business strategy in support of business operations in order to improve cost effectiveness, service quality, and business development.
- Formal Education & Certification
- University degree in the field of computer science or business administration.
- Master’s degree in one these fields preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
- 10+ years experience managing and/or directing an IT operation.
- 5+ years experience working in the Health Insurance and/or Health Care industry preferred.
- Experience in developing strategic plans and technology roadmaps and execution.
- Excellent knowledge of technology environments, including telecommunications, networks, programming, media, and desktops.
- Solid understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities.
- Substantial exposure to various hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems.
- Technical experience with systems networking, databases, web development, and user support.
- Considerable knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
- Good understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities.
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
- Proven experience in IT planning, organization, and development.
- Excellent understanding of project management principles.
- Superior understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT.
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
Where to Apply
Qualified applicants should submit a resume and a letter demonstrating their proven abilities listed above to email@example.com.
Delta Dental is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top
This position reports directly to the CFO and will be expected to apply their knowledge of finance and business to Unpaid Claim Liability, Trend Analysis, Rate Formula Evaluation, Dentist Fee Analysis, Financial Forecasting and Business Analytics. The Actuary will closely interact with the Underwriting Department.
This individual will be responsible for:
- Reviewing experience, rates, provider reimbursement, profit margins and administrative expense margins.
- Reviewing products, including analysis of experience, profit and rate adequacy products such as pools, associations, new product designs and special products. Participate on product development team.
- Conducting special actuarial studies.
- Primary point of contact with Insurance Departments and external actuaries on actuarial matters.
- Prepare and sign the actuarial opinion as part of the Annual Statement filing requirement.
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science, Statistics, Mathematics or related field, with emphasis or experience in Business or Insurance. An ASA and/or FSA designation required and a minimum of 5-plus years of actuarial experience in the Healthcare Insurance industry (dental experience a plus) and a minimum of 3 years of management experience. Knowledge of valuation and financial projections, as well as familiarity with GAAP and statutory financial reporting and accounting principles is essential. Knowledge of business intelligence and data warehouse applications is highly desirable.
Where to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and a cover letter highlighting their proven qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Delta Dental is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For a printable version, click here.
Back to top